Sunday, April 7, 2013

Unusual Craftiness Success

We all have our gifts.
 
Some folks can dance.
 
Some folks can yodel.
 
Some folks can create a beautiful masterpiece out of a few acrylics and a canvas.
 
Some folks can take a hot glue gun, some pipe cleaners, a few dried pinto beans, and make a fabulous set of earrings.
 
I am not ANY of the above people.
 


I can write a song about Vapo Rub to the tune of "Don't Worry, Be Happy", BUT when it comes to physical creations of lovely, it just doesn't reside in my brain.
 
My creativity is random, serendipitous, & completely by accident. But when I hit it, it really hit it.
 
 
I had some cheapo wooden letters from the Wal Mall.
 
They were covered in a fabric that was used in Syd's nursery.
 
The Sydmeister needed an update.

 
Enter my mom's beautiful collection of antique buttons...

 
Add some hot glue, a few blingy beads, some purple ruffle ribbon, and a little patience....

 
And, voila! You get something beautiful, yet unique, yet interesting.

 
I can't figure out which letter I like best. They are all so cool.
 
I just pray they don't fall off the wall and onto her head at night.
 
That would be unpleasant.
 
HINT: I did not get this idea off Pinterest, BUT, was inspired by another craft idea from Pinterest and took it to the Nesha level. The level of weirdness that I cannot quite explain.
 
Let's just not discuss the bean soup I made...Ewww..

No comments: