Monday, April 5, 2010

"B" is for Bluebonnets

It is a rite of passage for all Texas children to have their picture taken in a lush, cascading field of bluebonnets. There is no way out of this requirement..it is right up there on the Texas Ten Commandments list next to, "Watch 'yer mouth" and "Honor your maw and paw."  Yep, I know you can see it now, "Ye shall have thine picture took in a big 'ol batch of bluebonnets if yer maw wants ya to."

Sydney met this requirement on Saturday when I took her (against her will) to a huge pasture full of the loveliest state flower around. Hunter and Sam, the grandchildren of one of my mom's bestest buddies, accompanied us on this adventure.

The lady who owns the land was not home, and she had already given us permission to take pictures in her flowers, so we crawled through the broken place in the fence. Yep, I think that is probably another Texas Ten Commandment. "Ye shall crawl under yer neighbor's gate, only iffen they say its awright."

Anyway, there was no "posing" of these children. We just let them run amuck and I snapped pictures when the time was right. I am so glad I do not take pictures for a living. I would be very poor...very, very poor.







No comments: